Sunday, June 13, 2010

Boston, Boston


Well, I'm unemployed and on my way to Boston.  I suppose, actually, I have a job waiting for me next Monday, but it still feels like limbo. The blog has been down for I while, but I'm hoping for a nice little spike in activity for the House of Delegates(APTA's governing body). 

There are a couple nice things on tap for New Professionals at this year's House.  Among other things, Laura Doskocil and I are trying to pull together all of the NP delegates for a caucus.  In the past, and this isn't a criticism, new delegates were primarily exposed to members of their own delegation, those sitting nearby, and perhaps a regional caucus.  This will be the first time a group of us convenes based on the New Professional demographic.  I am very curious to see how the opinions of this small group defer from those of the group at large, or if they do for that matter. 

I am also going to try gprs tweetcast from the House.  I've never done that before, so we'll see how it goes.  The two big issues worth bringing up in advance are a) should PTAs have full voting rights in each state chapter? and b) how should APTA term limits change to improve participation in leadership?  I've been accused of over simplifying the issues.  But, sometimes I find that help in order to see how people develop support or opposition for the underlying concept.  That, or I just over simplify... 


    Cheers and more to come (hopefully note from my phone in the airport),  Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment