Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ambitious Changes for Move It

Greetings NPs and all others! A new post is once again overdue and I apologize. I've been trying to get all of my ducks in a row for some changes to the blog. The reasons are threefold. One, I need to spend more time in the coming months a) preparing for the upcoming election and b) studying my butt off for the NCS exam. Two, my days as a New Professional are numbered and I need to find a mix of newer grads and experienced voices to carry the torch. And three, during the candidacy phase of the election cycle, it is important that Move It not come across as a campaign vehicle.

To that end, I have contacted a dynamic, diverse group of potential co-authors. Each of these individuals has the potential to contribute meaningfully in a vast number of ways. What I hope to see happen is an enriching of the online community for New Professionals. By expanding the scope of potential topics and by increasing the geographic range of word-of-mouth communication, more authors should lead to a better Move It.

Another change is the introduction of monthly themes. Though still under discussion regarding sequence and details, Practice, Training, Involvement, and Research will be the broad categories for the months of December through March. Posts on other subjects and events will very likely be woven in. But each month will have a theme and there will be weekly posts on some aspect or variation of that concept. For instance, Practice may include posts about Wound Care as an NP, Travelling, or how being an ATC or CSCS influences your clinical skills and decisions.

I would love to hear your feedback on this redesign. And I greatly look forward to seeing the concept behind Move It evolve and grow.

Cheers,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment